August 10, 2016
Good afternoon Cory Families!
Let the countdown to school begin! We are all anxious to see your beautiful children and hope you had a wonderful summer. Our team started coming back today and they are busy cleaning and organizing their classrooms. Next week we will have Professional Development all week and anticipate much learning and laughter as we work on “Growing Minds, Growing Teams and Growing Together”, our theme for the 2016/17 school year.
A Few Reminders:
• On-Line Verification- Reminder to please complete your on-line verification. If you are having trouble accessing Parent Portal (there have been some reported issues that they are trying to resolve), feel free to come into the office and we will be happy to print a paper verification for you to complete. REMINDER: The office will be CLOSED on August 15th for professional development.
• Meet the Teacher and Popsicles with the Principal. Mark your calendars! Next Friday, August 19th is “Meet the Teacher”, your opportunity to bring your supplies, meet your teacher and have popsicles with the principal! In addition, we will be offering a New Family Orientation for our new families to attend, one session from 4:00-4:20 and another session from 4:30-4:50. These New Family Orientations will cover the basics of Drop-Off/Pick-Up, School Wide Expectations and other important information for our new families to be aware of, so please join us if you can!
• Fall Enrichment is here! Parkour and skateboarding and fashion and more!!! Enrichment info and registration for Fall 2016 is up on the website…check it out by clicking here. Check out info on Discovery Link (formerly Kaleidoscope) here, too! The Kaleidoscope Team is the same, our name just changed to Discovery Link.
You will be receiving more specific information from us this upcoming week about more Back to School events and important dates to be aware of.
In the meantime, please make sure you have access to the below platforms, as we use them as our main form of communication and don’t want you to miss out!
• Website: This is the source for all of our school-wide communications. We communicate through our weekly Parent Post. Every week when the Parent Post is ready, we will send you a notification on our APP. Our website is www.corydpsk12.org. We also have our Google Parent Calendar updated for the school year, so check it out for all of the important dates (the calendar is also linked to our Cory APP).
• Download the Cory APP: This APP will be where you will receive notifications and other important information. All of the information you receive from our APP is tied to our website as well, so rest assured you will receive the same information on both platforms. Click here for the APP on Google Play and here for the APP on the Apple Store.
• “Like” us on Facebook: Facebook is our “go to” for fun pics and other social information and reminders. Click here for our official Cory FB Page!
More to come soon! We are excited to kick off our new school year!