SchoolChoice is as easy as Find, Apply, Register!
- Find the best school for your student with the Great Schools Enrollment Guides (available at schools and at schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/resources/,) the School Finder online tool, attending a DPS Regional School Expo and by touring schools of interest.
- Apply using the online application at schoolchoice.dpsk12.org between Jan. 15 and Feb. 15, 2019 at 4 p.m.
- Then Register to attend your school when you receive your school placement notification in late March, 2019.
Mark your calendar for these important DPS enrollment dates for the 2019-20 school year!
- The SchoolChoice Expo Week is Jan. 15-17, 2019. Visit dpsk12.org/expo for more information.
- The SchoolChoice application will be available online beginning Jan. 15, 2019.
- The deadline to submit the form is Feb. 15, 2019 at 4 p.m. Notifications will be sent in late March, 2019.
So do your research, have your top schools in mind, and be ready on Jan. 15! Visit schoolchoice.dpsk12.org for information.
SchoolChoice Round 1
Any DPS student who wants to attend a school other than their automatically assigned neighborhood school can take part in SchoolChoice. Families submit one SchoolChoice form per student, on which they rank their student’s top five school preferences. DPS then matches students to schools based on those preferences, as well as school admission priorities and available space. SchoolChoice Round 1 for 2019-20 opens Jan. 15, 2019 and closes Feb. 15, 2019.
SchoolChoice Round 2
Round 2 of DPS SchoolChoice for the 2019-20 school year will open following Round 1, in mid-April, 2019. Round 2 is the first-come, first-served segment of Choice for families who missed Round 1; took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options; or are new to DPS for next school year. Round 2 applications may be submitted through Aug. 31, 2019.